Monday, December 15, 2008

Waiting in Mexico

Like zookeepers inverse
Inmates tending the keepers
hile their family starves in the hut.
Practiced lines in the mealtime script
"My name is Arturo and it is my pleasure to serve you today"
To see you waste enough food to feed my family a whole meal.
Food they will never taste, smoked salmon, French pastries.
" I would like a double table by the window but not in the sun and not in the draft, close to the buffet but not near THOSE people and could you carry my heavy plate after I load it por favor?"
"Where is the ladies room?"
"let me show you madam and I will re-fold your napkin before you return.
I am sorry if the bacteria on my fecal fingers of fate contaminate it but my hut has no toilet and no running water."

WRM 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some b*****d a wheyed with my laptop since when I have been lost for words.j