Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesdays Words

Boarding House

The blind man draws his curtains for the night
and goes to bed, leaving a burning light

above the bathroom mirror. Through the wall,
he hears the deaf man walking down the hall

in his squeaky shoes to see if there's a light
under the blind man's door, and all is right

Ted Kooser (US Poet Laureate)


Let Me

Let my eyes feel you
Let me wave lusting heat lamps
From above to below you
Overheating chosen places

Let me in through your eyes
let me feel my welcome
Let me probe your intimate thoughts
Give them to me

Let my sight roll over the undulations
Of your face, shoulders, breasts and arms
Feel my imagination as you stand
Naked and proud before me

Watch my eyes melt down your thighs
Yield to me as I ascend you with my gaze
Let our eyes consummate
Let me

WRM - a while back

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trapped blur; Bad Imagination.

Myopia prevents me from visually groping you,
My unbespectacled vision detects only a fleshy hue;
Lust is not unfettered,
I'll never see you as a mate,
Just the consummate conclusion
Of another blind date.

j. in reply.